· Radio waves have the longest wavelength but are low frequency of waves. They carry very little energy.
· While, gamma rays have the shortest wavelength but are high frequency of waves. So that, they carry very high energy.
· It is produced when electric field and magnetic field vibrate at perpendicular to each other.
· The direction of propagation of the waves is perpendicular to both fields.
· Red has the longest wavelength and violet is the shortest.
· When all the waves are seen together, they make white light.
· The white light is broken apart into the seven colour of the visible light spectrum.
· They transfer light from one point to another.
· They are transverse waves.
· They can travel through vacuum.
· All types of electromagnetic waves travel at the speed of light and at the same speed in vacuum, i.e (that is) the speed of light , c=3 x 108 ms-1.
· Electromagnetic waves have no mass.
· As the wavelength in the spectrum decreases, the amount of energy carried by the waves increase. This can be illustrated by the formula,
(where E is the energy, h is Planck's constant, c is speed of light in vacuum and λ is wavelength).
· Obey the wave equation, v = f λ .
tu jelah kot.....
btw ade yg ak tataw ak tmbh sndiri,,,,,
slmt buat folio fizik ea..
klik utk tumbesaran~~